Monday, February 28, 2011

I Didn't Even Know!

Being from California, we have a Mormon prom every year. They go all out and make sure we have a great time. It's about 8 stakes combined and there are advertisements promoting it months before the actual prom. About a month ago I started getting a few texts and facebook messages from some friends from my home stake, and people I know who lived about an hour from me saying they saw me on the poster for Mormon prom! Needless to say I had absolutely no idea that they used my dance picture from last Mormon prom to advertise for this year's prom, so I was a bit shocked when I heard this and had my cousin send me a picture of the poster.


Even though I was completely surprised, it didn't bother me at all; in fact, it was a bit exciting! It's completely harmless and only going out to the Mormon community I'm sure, but it got me thinking about the issues that come up when celebrities have their photos taken and published without their consent. Taking photos of people and copyrite issues can become very complex and it's been interesting to have an experience to make me think about it first hand.

1 comment:

  1. haha that's too funny. You should have Mom get one of those posters for you. We haven't talked in forever. Skype me!

    ...and I like how you were able to gracefully tie the topic of your assignment into the post...copyrite issues I'm assuming ;) LOVE YOU!


    Oh, and I have to share this with you. http://www.dana-made-it.com/2011/02/if-only-our-names-were-maryanne-and.html My favorite blogger had her image stolen. made me think of your post. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete